Outlook is used my many users for keeping schedule and for maintaining to-do list, also to note down important notes plus managing different email accounts, users would be simply impressed if they could also use it to access their AOL email accounts.Well thanks to AOL that provides IMAP access; users can easily add it to their list of Outlook email accounts in just a few steps.
Set up an AOL Email Account in Outlook
- Access the File > Account Settings > Account Settings
- In the first tab, called Email, Tap the button titled New.
- Tap the bubble next to “Manual setup or additional server types.”
- Tap Next.
- Choose POP or IMAP from the list of options.
- Tap Next.
- Fill out all the details in the Add Accountwindow:
- The “Your Name:” section should be whatever name you want to be identified as when sending mail.
- For “Email Address:” enter your full AOL address.
- In the Server Information section, pick IMAPfrom the drop down menu and then aol.com for the “Incoming mail server:” and smtp.aol.com for the “Outgoing mail server (SMTP):”
- Type your AOL mail user name and password in those fields at the bottom of the Add Accountscreen, but ensure to drop the “com” portion.
- Ensure that the “Remember password” box is checked so you don’t have to enter your AOL Mail password each time you want to use the account.
- Tap More Settings.
- Go into the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box that says “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.”
- In the Advanced tab of the Internet Email Settings window, type 587 in the “Outgoing server (SMTP):” area.
- Tap OK to save those changes and exit the window.
- Tap Next.
- Outlook might test the account settings and send you a test message. You can Tap Close on that confirmation window.
- Tap Finish in order to close the Add Account window.
- Tap Close in order to exit the Account Settings screen.
To enclose, it can be concluded that your query has been resolved. If not, or just in case you have got the other question concerning it be at liberty to contact to our Outlook Helpline number +1-844-888-3860. Our Client Service team consists of professionally trained and well-experienced employees that may resolve client questions as soon as possible.